Saturday, June 17, 2006

Thoughts on Using Video Well

In the past two churches I have served, it seems many people are enamored with using video in church services (and not just as sermon illustrations). I always cringe because most people do not understand the time it takes to do video well.

I've heard the standard time it takes to develop a video is one hour for every minute of finished video -- and that's without actual production.

To make matters worse, we're competing with ESPN, ABC, etc., etc. And frankly, I don't know many churches that could play in the same field as them -- with exception to maybe LifeChurch and Lakewood.

BUT ... here's what I've found: Make it funny (borderline hokey) and people will LOVE it.

This, of course, depends on your congregation and audience ... but I've found just being humorous makes up for a lot.

1 Comments:

Blogger jenn_anthony said...

I think the best solution for churches that want to incorporate video, but don't have the capacity to do it well is to use pre-produced videos from resources such as sermonspice.com. Why reinvent the wheel?

12:45 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home